Pianist, songwriter, arranger and producer
Eddie Bullen is, in every way, a standout amongst the latest generation of multi-talented artists. Eddie's lengthy career has yielded an abundance of awards and recognition for his outstanding talents. From his first album, 'Nocturnal Affair' to his most recent Havana Nights', Eddie gives his audience a taste of contemporary jazz, flavoured with Caribbean and Latin rhythms.
"Eddie Bullen keeps audiences in Canada and throughout the Caribbean on their feet and begging for more with his distinctive style. His compositions are audacious and sexy, titillating the senses....
New York Daily News
• Artistic Director for 2008 International Performing Arts for All (IPAFA), an international group of artists, olympians, paralympians and producers dedicated to actualizing the potential of the arts to effect positive change in the global village. A series of concerts were held across China. The tour, which was initially designed by the IPAFA committee to build a bridge between the Olympics and the Paralympics, featured internationally renowned artistes sympathetic to the cause, namely Sheila E., Justin Hines, C.O.E.D, Tony Debois and celebrated pianist Oliver Jones.
• Juno Award for Liberty Silver's hit singles, Lost Somewhere Inside Your Love , Show me the way to love and
• Produced a Grammy Nominated track for Freddy Will on the 'Best Spoken Word Album For Children' category, in 2011.
• Performer, arranger and producer on Sway's Juno Award nominated Hands Up which, went on to garner Gold for Bullen.
• Musical Director for five consecutive years for the Golden Soul Classics Show which starred, among other notables, Ben E. King, Percy Sledge, The Platters and Solomon Burke.
• Musical Director on the EPP Production, CELEBRATE for the Para Olympic in Athens.
• Artistic Director for the annual Uptown Jazz Festival in Toronto, 2004 and 2005.
• Nominated for Smooth Jazz Keyboardist of the Year 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010
• Nominated for Smooth Jazz Group of the Year with with NEWA (2005) and Kush (2006)
• Nominated for Smooth Jazz Songwriter of the Year with Liberty Silver for the song “Show Me the Way to Love” 2005
• Nominated for National Jazz Award for Electric Group of the Year 2005.
• Nominated for UMAC Best Jazz Album 2005 for De Organ Grinders
• Arranged the theme song for the Canadian Gala at the 2006 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta.
• Musical Director for the annual Harry Jerome Awards 2008, 2007, 2010 and 2011.
Since his move to Toronto in 1980 from Grenada, Eddie has worked with major Caribbean, Canadian and American artists like Anslem Douglas, Byron Lee, David Rudder, Liberty silver, FiFi Dobson, Deborah Cox, SWV and Dee Dee Bridgewater. He also composes and arranges for City TV, YTV, Wine TV Australia.
To date Eddie Bullen has produced over 150 albums and is currently working on several new ventures through his record company Thunder Dome Sounds and publishing company QDB music. Eddie is always on the lookout for cutting edge new innovative artists.
Eddie's two sons Quincy and
© 2000 Eddie Bullen
Tre-Michael are both following in their father's footsteps. Quincy, the older of the two has recorded two CDs under the Thunder Dome Sounds label (On Q and Quintessential Boys, Under Age, which was featured in high rotation on XM satellite radio.)
The creative force behind Thunder Dome Sounds Studio in Toronto, Eddie has collaborated with dozens of successful artists including:
Demo Cates (Canada)
Deborah Cox (Canada)
Rob Christian (Canada)
Anslem Douglas (Trinadad)
Oleta Adams (USA)
Alex Walker (Canada)
Aaden Church (Canada)
George Banton (Jamaca)
Joy Laps (Canada)
Nicholas Brancker (Barbados)
Washington Savage (Canada) (Back Sam)
Arturo Tappin (Barbados)
Ed-Ian Cartel (Canada)
Ian Wiltshire (Trinadad) Trini To The Bone
Raf Robertson (Trinadad) kitch tribute
Solitudes / Summerset Entertainment (Canada)
Shaune Ann Fuez (Canada)
Glenn Lewis (Canada)
Freddy Will (USA)
Jackie Richardson (Canada)
Jessica Amaro (Canada)
Kingsley Ettienne (Canada)
Marisa Lindsay (Barbados)
Glen Ricketts (Canada)
Through Thunder Dome Sounds, Eddie is fulfilling his passion for nurturing youth talent through a high school co-op program he launched in 1986. Challenges like this keep Eddie Bullen growing artistically and personally.